Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Quote for July
I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.
- JD Salinger

Poem on Demand, for a button

The buttons on button down collars are generally small
And don't behave when you're rushing in the morn
Yet etiquette states if they exist, one must do them
Sometimes I forget-as people helpfully point out with "ahem"

There are other buttons I much prefer though
Buttons that God made from Adam's belly
For Eve and her descendants to tempt us with
Soft, round, and strangely hinting
Staples of Bollywood, sometimes hidden by staples in magazines

Once hard to spot, and longed for
Now they're everywhere, and I'm prone to button-fatigue
I met a nice one the other day, I must admit,
And we spent some time getting acquainted,
We parted with the lingering taste of lint in my mouth

chorus:
And I wish there were belly buttons simulators
like blow-up dolls, only blow-up belly buttons
So that one could spend all the time one wanted
With buttons and maybe even other body parts
Without spending time with the whole package.

1 comment:

100hands said...

This is absolutely beautiful. You write it? If so, BRAVO BRAVO. "You're a dude". Picasso with axes...